Traveling and discovering the world is one of the best things about being a human. Travel quotes are some of the most inspiring and exciting words you will read. Especially if you're sitting at your desk in anticipation of the next trip.
We're inquisitive beings who wish to seek out adventure while learning a new language and culture.
Travel excites the senses and recharges the brain.
To inspire you to travel more and explore the world, we've put together our 101 best travel quotes from around the world.
Here is our 101st and favorite travel quote for 2019:
Once the travel bug bites there is no known antidote, and I know that I shall be happily infected until the end of my life.
- Short Travel Quotes
- Funny Travel Quotes
- Travel Quotes for Couples and Friends
- Life Travel Quotes
- Love for Travel Quotes
- Inspirational Travel Quotes
Short Travel Quotes
1. The goal is to die with memories not dreams.
2. Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.
3. Live your life by a compass, not a clock.
4. If you think adventure is dangerous, try routine; it is lethal.
5. I love to travel, But hate to arrive.
6. Adventures are to the adventurous.
7. Travel broadens the mind.
8. They say travel broadens the mind; but you must have the mind.
G K Chesterton
9. The Sun himself cannot forget his fellow traveller.
10. He travels fastest who travels alone.
11. Don't cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
12. A good traveller leaves no track.
13. You don't have to be rich to travel well.
14. Not all those who wander are lost.
J R R Tolkien
15. Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination.
Roy M Goodman
16. Take only memories, leave only footprints.
17. The very basic core of a man’s living spirit is his passion for adventure.
18. There was nowhere to go but everywhere, so just keep on rolling under the stars.
19. Travel far enough, you meet yourself.
20. Wherever you go becomes a part of you somehow.
21. Some beautiful paths can't be discovered without getting lost.
22. Every hundred feet the world changes.
23. A wise man travels to discover himself.
James Russell Lowell
24. Live, travel, adventure, bless, and don't be sorry.
25. Men travel faster now, but I do not know if they go to better things.
26. There is no land unhabitable nor sea innavigable.
27. The bold adventurer succeeds the best.
28. With age, comes wisdom. With travel, comes understanding.
Funny Travel Quotes
29. People don't take trips, trips take people.
30. Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas, take your next trip in kilometers.
31. In America there are two classes of travel - first class, and with children.
32. No place is ever as bad as they tell you it’s going to be.
33. Travelling is like flirting with life. It’s like saying, ‘I would stay and love you, but I have to go; this is my station!
Lisa St Aubin de Teran
34. Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain.
35. If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet.
36. Vagabonding begins the moment you stop making excuses, start saving money, and begin to look at maps with the narcotic tingle of possibility.
37. When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.
38. Cantabit vacuus coram latrone viator. Travel light and you can sing in the robber's face.
39. An an Englishman does not travel to see Englishman, I retired to my room.
40. A good traveller is one who does not know where he is going to, and a perfect traveller does not know where he came from.
41. A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it.
42. Better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.
Travel Quotes for Couples and Friends
43. I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.
44. A journey is best measured in friends, rather than miles.
45. One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.
46. A journey is like marriage. The certain way to be wrong is to think you control it.
47. And we travel, in essence, to become young fools again—to slow time down and get taken in, and fall in love once more.
Life Travel Quotes
48. Traveling allows you to become so many different versions of yourself.
49. Travel brings power and love back into your life.
50. Whenever you find yourself on the side of majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.
51. If you are brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello.
52. Imagine a new story for your life and start living it.
53. It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
54. Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference.
55. An adventure is only inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.
G K Chesterton
56. Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret.
57. Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
58. Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
59. Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world.
60. A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.
Oliver Wendell Holmes
61. Vagabonding is about using the prosperity and possibility of the information age to increase your personal options instead of your personal possessions.
62. The road is there. It will always be there. You just have to decide when to take it.
63. When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.
64. The traveller need have no scruple in limiting his donations to the smallest possible sums, as liberality frequently becomes a source of annoyance and embarrassment.
65. The best journeys in life are those that answer questions you never thought to ask.
Love for Travel Quotes
66. We travel, some of us forever, to seek other places, other lives, other souls.
67. Wandering re-establishes the original harmony which once existed between man and the universe.
68. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
69. Quit your job, buy a ticket, fall in love, never return.
70. Remember that wherever your heart is, there you will find your treasure.
71. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
72. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.
73. Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
74. The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page.
Augustine of Hippo
75. The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands.
Sir Richard Burton
76. I am not the same, having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.
Mary Anne Radmacher
77. To awaken alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.
78. Wanting to travel reflects a positive attitude. You want to see, to grow in experience, and presumably to become more whole as a human being.
79. I'm in love with cities I've never been to and people I've never met.
80. To my mind, the greatest reward and luxury of travel is to be able to experience everyday things as if for the first time, to be in a position in which almost nothing is so familiar it is taken for granted.
81. The traveler was active; he went strenuously in search of people, of adventure, of experience. The tourist is passive; he expects interesting things to happen to him. He goes 'sight-seeing'.
Daniel J Boorstin
82. For my part, I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to move.
Robert Louis Stevenson
83. In the middle ages people were tourists because of their religion, whereas now they are tourists because tourism is their religion.
Inspirational Travel Quotes
84. Don't die without embracing the daring adventure your life was meant to be.
85. Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
86. Stop worrying about the potholes in the road and enjoy the journey.
87. We wander for distraction, but we travel for fulfilment.
88. I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.
Rosalia de Castro
89. Remember at all times that while you are seeing the world, the world will see you.
90. Then one day, when you least expect it, the great adventure finds you.
91. You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong.
92. If a man be gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world, and that his heart is no island cut off from other lands but a continent that joins to them.
93. Through travel I first became aware of the outside world; it was through travel that I found my own introspective way into becoming a part of it.
94. No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.
95. Travel like Gandhi, with simple clothes, open eyes and an uncluttered mind.
96. I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it.
Rosalia de Castro
97. I always love to begin a journey on Sundays, because I shall have the prayers of the church, to preserve all that travel by land, or by water.
98. To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive, and the true success is to labour.
Robert Louis Stevenson
99. Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience. He that travelleth into a country before he hath some entrance into the language, goeth to school, and not to travel.
100. Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore.