Ah love. That which brings us incredible joy and heartbreaking misery. It's the stuff worth living for and, when it's over, you might want to die for. But don't do the latter, there is someone out there for you 😊💕.
Whether you're in love and want to celebrate it or, you're out of love and want to reflect, there are a ton of love quotes from throughout the ages to reflect on.
We have a long list of love quotes on our website and we add more every day. We realize you might not have the time to go through them all. That's why we have put together this article of the 101 best love quotes.
Hopefully you find what you are looking for, if not, feel free to contact us with any queries or suggestions.
Here is our 101st and favorite love quote for 2019:
101. You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.Oscar Wilde
- Inspirational Love Quotes
- Short Love Quotes
- Romantic Love Quotes
- Love Quotes For Him and Her
- Cutest Love Quotes
- When I Fall in Love Quotes
- Sad Love Quotes
- Love Quotes and Marriage
Inspirational Love Quotes
1. Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.
Antoine De Saint-Exupery Quote
2. Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
Oscar Wilde Quote
3. Somewhere there is someone that dreams of your smile, and finds in your presence that life is worthwhile, so when you are lonely remember it’s true, someone somewhere is thinking of you.
Atul Purohit Quote
4. Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
5. In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.
Mignon Mclaughlin Quote
6. Loving can cost a lot but not loving always costs more, and those who fear to love often find that want of love is an emptiness that robs the joy from life.
Merle Shain Quote
7. Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
Lao Tzu Quote
8. Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, never... never forget it.
Curtis Judalet Quote
9. For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it. For every truth there is an ear somewhere to hear it. For every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.
10. Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives.
11. When men and women are able to respect and accept their differences, then love has a chance to blossom.
12. To love someone is nothing, to be loved by someone is something, but to be loved by the one you love is everything.
Short Love Quotes
13. Love is the Fire of Life; it either consumes or purifies.
14. Love is more afraid of change than destruction.
15. We accept the love we think we deserve.
16. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
17. The opposite of love is not hate, it’s indifference.
18. I can live without money, but I cannot live without love.
19. Love is one of the hardest words to say and one of the easiest to hear.
20. Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss, and ends with a teardrop.
Augustine Of Hippo
21. Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, pain of love lasts a lifetime.
22. In love, women are professionals, men are amateurs.
23. Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
24. Many men kill themselves for love, but many more women die of it.
25. Love is like the wind, you can't see it but you can feel it.
26. A rose without thorns is like love without heartbreak; it doesn't make sense.
27. Love comes unseen; we only see it go.
28. Tis better to have loved and lost. Than never to have loved at all.
29. I Would die for you. But I won't live for you.
30. What's meant to be will always find a way.
Romantic Love Quotes
31.You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
32. So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
33.The more love I give to thee, the more I have, for both are infinite.
34. I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I don't know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close.
35. There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in single flashing, throbbing moment.
Sarah Dessen Quote
36. We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness and call love-true love.
37. If I had a flower for every time I thought of you...I could walk through my garden forever.
38. Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable.
39. In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.
40. We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
41. I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul
42. I heard what you said. I'm not the silly romantic you think. I don't want the heavens or the shooting stars. I don't want gemstones or gold. I have those things already. I want...a steady hand. A kind soul. I want to fall asleep, and wake, knowing my heart is safe. I want to love, and be loved.
43. Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.
Love Quotes For Him and Her
44. Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
45. I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
46. A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life, to be thankful for a good one.
Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings
47. If you can make a woman laugh, you can make her do anything.
48. I see when men love women they give but a little of their lives, but women, when they love, give everything.
49. The sexiest thing a man can do for a woman is crawl inside her mind and make her imagination run wild.
50. Don't come crawlin' to a man for love - he likes to get a run for his money.
51. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.
52. He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.
Cutest Love Quotes
53. Love is the flower of life, and blossom unexpectedly and without law, and must be plucked where it is found, and enjoyed for the brief hour of its duration.
D H Lawrence
54. Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
Franklin P Jones
55. Love is like pi - natural, irrational, and very important.
56. Love is missing someone whenever you're apart, but somehow feeling warm inside because you're close in heart.
57. Love me when I least deserve it, because that's when I really need it.
58. Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love.
59. Love is being stupid together.
60. When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
Jess C Scott
61. Love is like an hourglass, with the heart filling up as the brain empties.
62. Love wasn't put in your heart to stay. Love isn't love until you give it away.
Michael W Smith
63. Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
64. Meeting you was fate, becoming your friend was choice, but falling in love with you I had no control over.
65. I love you more than there are stars in the sky and fish in the sea.
66. Love is the harmony of two souls singing together.
Gregory J P Godek
67. Never frown, because you never know when someone is falling in love with your smile.
68. Love is what makes two people sit in the middle of a bench when there is plenty of room at both ends.
When I Fall in Love Quotes
69. Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense.
70. You have to walk carefully in the beginning of love; the running across fields into your lover's arms can only come later when you're sure they won't laugh if you trip.
71. When you fish for love, bait with your heart, not your brain.
72. The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them.
73. My daddy said, that the first time you fall in love, it changes you forever and no matter how hard you try, that feeling just never goes away.
74. First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity.
George Bernard Shaw
75. It is difficult to know at what moment love begins; it is less difficult to know that it has begun.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
76. First best is falling in love. Second best is being in love. Least best is falling out of love. But any of it is better than never having been in love.
77. Love does not appear with any warning signs. You fall into it as if pushed from a high diving board. No time to think about what’s happening. It’s inevitable. An event you can’t control. A crazy, heart-stopping, roller-coaster ride that just has to take its course.
78. A priceless moment is when the person that you have fallen in love with, looks you right in the eyes to tells you that they have fallen in love with you.
79. Falling in love consists merely in uncorking the imagination and bottling the common sense.
Sad Love Quotes
80. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of withings, of tarnishing.
81. You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness.
82. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
83. One of the hardest things in life is watching the person you love, love someone else.
84. There is nothing in the world so wonderful as to love and be loved; there is nothing so devastating as love lost.
85. The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.
86. Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.
87. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
88. We waste time looking for the perfect lover, instead of creating the perfect love.
89. True love burns the brightest, but the brightest flames leave the deepest scars.
90. If you love something let it go free. If it doesn't come back, you never had it. If it comes back, love it forever.
Love Quotes and Marriage
91. To keep your marriage brimming, with love in the loving cup, whenever you're wrong, admit it; Whenever you're right, shut up.
92. For The two of us, home isn't a place. It is a person. And we are finally home.
93. Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your heart or burn down your house, you can never tell.
94. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.
95. Sensual pleasures have the fleeting brilliance of a comet; a happy marriage has the tranquility of a lovely sunset.
96. One advantage of marriage is that, when you fall out of love with him or he falls out of love with you, it keeps you together until you fall in again.
97. I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life.
98. Before I met my husband, I'd never fallen in love. I'd stepped in it a few times.
99. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
A A Milne
100. There is no more lovely, friendly, and charming relationship, communion or company than a good marriage.